Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Focus

I've lost my focus.  I've fallen off the horse.  I've fallen down.  All of those old proverbs ring true.  August was a tough month for the Atherton/Wagner family with the passing of Lindsay's father.  But truth be told, I was slipping before this tragic event even happened.  I haven't been working out as diligently, only running outside.  I haven't been to the gym all summer.  And even worse, I've been eating like crap.  This combination of slacking has caused me to gain some weight back.  Much more than I care to admit.

But I think I'm out of the fog.  I'm not sure what really triggered the slacking, if I was just getting bored, or if it was something else. But I need to get back into my routine again.  I was doing so well, when I lost that first 50 lbs, I was crushing it, and feeling good.  This weekend, Ben was in my room while I was changing my clothes, and he said "Your fat belly is back".  If that doesn't kick your butt back to shape, I don't know what will.  BTW, he is doing exactly what I told him!  He knew I needed some additional motivation, I love that kid!

You know the best things about those old proverbs?  There is the second part.  So I'm going to refocus.  I'm going to get right back on that horse.  I'm going to get up and dust myself off.  All that, and I'm going to work out too!!

Here's to the next 50!

1 comment: