Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 2 - TBL

My wife Lins and I are huge fans of The Biggest Loser. We've watched every season since Season 2, which is saying something since they are up to Season 14. For as much as I get frustrated with their unapologetic product placement, I find we still watch for the inspiration of people losing immense amount of weight. And for the most part, the weight stays off.

The reason I bring up TBL is because of the results I had for Week 2. The contestants during the second week of TBL have notoriously low weight loss. Even with professional trainers, teammates pushing each other, $250k on the line, and professional nutritionalists, the contestants still lose little weight, and sometimes even gain.

My week 2 - I lost 0.4 lbs. Thank goodness for digital scales :)

I'm not concerned, nor frustrated. I knew it was coming. If the pros can't get people to lose weight, how much luck do I have? I'm just keeping my head down, watching what I eat, working out, and feeling great. I even set my alarm on Saturday to go to the gym, the first time EVER! I feel changes in my body, for the better.

I've asked my 4 year old son to ask me "When is your big fat belly going away?" He is more than happy to ask me :). So I asked him this weekend "Is my belly getting smaller?" His answer: "Yea, it doesn't jiggle anymore!" Well, not exactly true, but I'll take it.

So here's to Week 3! See ya later week 2, you stink!

2 comments:

  1. BL week two may be weak, but week three usually kicks butt, and I know you will, too! Keep it up, Bub. So proud of you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Eric! There's a lot of work to be done. Each day is a series of conflicts between the healthy way and the easy way. Streams fan out like a river delta before you. Each one promising the path of least resistance. The thing is… Your headed up stream.

    You've allready decided to turn your back on what’s comfortable and easy and what some would call, the status quo. From here it only gets harder so make sure this is what you want. The easy way out will always be there ready to wash you away.

    This is the battle between you, your mind, your body, and the devil on your shoulder telling you to quit. Make this a new way of life. Do it for your wife, your kids, but especially for YOU!

    Rise and shine!

    http://youtu.be/​E4b4DJFStVQ?hd=1

    ReplyDelete