Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Week 1

One week, and I'm still around! The diet and exercise hasn't killed me. I've lost a total of 7.6 lbs, but who's counting? Oh yea, me! I realize it's mostly water weight, but I'll take it, you've gotta start somewhere.

Over the Labor Day weekend, the fam went down to the Cape to spend time with family. We went to the beach, which is thoroughly embarrassing for me. You are either sitting on the sand or in those low seats, a man of my size can't look good getting up from either. But I made the best of it, spending qt with both my daughter (on the beach) and my son ( in the ocean).

During the weekend, I turned down alcohol several times. It's a choice for me right now, I just see it as empty calories now. Eventually I will find a place for a beer now and then, but at least for the first week, I turned down the offers, even at the great little place we went for lunch. I tried desperately to steer away from any bad snacks (chocolate, etc) and stick with a lot of water.

I didn't work out at all on our trip, which I actually missed. Everyone that says its a lifestyle change, the whole eating right and working out, and they are right. It's only been a week, but I already see myself making the right choices for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment